Application Letter Tips | How to Write A Good Application Letter: Have you been wondering about writing an application letter or Are you looking for the sample of an application letter? Here you got it all, as eduloaded hs slated How to Write A Good Application Letter.
What is an Application Letter?
An application letter (sometimes called a Cover Letter) is usually submitted together with your CV or application form. Application letters allow you to provide a short personal introduction to the information (employment history, academic qualifications and relevant skills) contained in your CV.
What is the purpose of an Application Letter?
A company looking to take on a new employee in Zambia may request a CV and an Application Letter as part of the job application process. The purpose of an Application Letter is to introduce oneself and to support your CV. A well written Application Letter can help you stand out from other applicants and is therefore vitally important.
How is the Application Letter different to a CV?
An Application Letter is different to a CV as it allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of the organisation, the position you are interested in, and the reasons why you want to work for the company.
Is there a standard Application Letter format?
There is no standard Application Letter format. That said, unless your job application states otherwise you should:
- Find the name of the individual and/or address of the department for the organisation that you would like to submit your CV.
- Be concise – 1 or 2 pages should be enough for an Application Letter.
- Demonstrate that you have done some homework on the organisation.
- Keep your sentences and paragraphs short and succinct.
- Ensure that the letter looks professional and has no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
Sample of Application Letters
To view some sample Application Letters (PDF) please click on the following links:
- Cover Letter Experienced Applicant
- Cover Letter Speculative
- Cover Letter No Experience